Thursday, 19 December 2013

Busy Busy Busy

The last couple of weeks have been so busy, the poor house looks quite neglected. I promise to get the vacuum out tomorrow as long as it's not too hot. It was 43 here today! Just ridiculously, brain meltingly hot.

Last Saturday evening Bel and I had a stall at That Dapper Market. A small vintage and handmade market organised by the owners of Littlest Vintage. It was loads of fun - live music, great food stalls, the most amazing soda from Two-Bit Villians. The stall was mainly to promote and sell Bel's gorgeous artworks, but I squeezed a few of my handmade cushions and purses onto the end. You can see more of Bel's art here


I was tempted to buy a lot of lovely things, but kept my self under control and only bought a bar of beautiful smelling soap, from Shanghai Lil & The Scarlett Fez, for my mum's birthday and I simply could not resist this badge of Sam from Moonrise Kingdom.


Last week a fellow sailing mum contacted me asking if I'd customise one of my designs with her son's name for Christmas. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. I might set this up as a regular product line next year. I think quite a few kids would like their name on a cushion with a squirrel, heart, boat or cloud.


I also made up some pencil cases for my other business The Sailing Shop. The Optimist is the beginner sailing boat for kids 8-15 and there aren't too many gift ideas with Optimists on them, so I thought pencil cases might be good and I was right, they have sold very well. 


Here's my 8 year old in her little Optimist.


I'm now looking forward to some cooler weather, when the change comes on Friday night and having a bit of a break next week. We're having a small family Christmas day with my parents here at home - just the way I like it!

2 comments:

  1. Love the pencilcases Emma! Have a lovely Christmas break with your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Emma, hope you don't have too many heat waves during the holidays but knowing Adelaide she will put on a hot summer. Look forward to seeing more of your lovely creations in the new year. And good luck to Bel - so talented.
    Sharon x x

    ReplyDelete