Friday, 1 November 2013

To Market To Market Jiggity Jig

Bel Short Design & I are slowly getting things ready for the Penny Lane Market and getting stock ready for Christmas for the shops we supply. As usual these things take longer than planned as life gets in the way; for me it's the sailing gear business I've set up with my husband and for Bel it's been school work. I'm making steady progress on cushions and Bel finally has her Christmas card and gift tag designs ready for the printer.

It's the first time she's had her work professionally printed. Up until now we've just done short runs on our home printer. We're quite excited to see the results. We found a printer in Adelaide who uses vegetable based inks and we've ordered recycled paper stock and lovely, made in Australia, recycled envelopes.
Here's a sneaky look at mock ups of some of the cards.


I've made some more cushions with my tree design, haven't done these for a while, but I love playing around, mixing up the coloured leaves. This design was inspired by a picture in a Lauren Child book.



3 comments:

  1. Hi Emma, will the Christmas cards be available for purchase through your online shop? I wouldn't mind getting a couple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon, Bel will have them for sale on her little online shop.
      http://belshortdesign.bigcartel.com/ They are super cute - there is a hedgehog tangled up in Christmas lights too, but the kissing otters are my favourite!

      Delete
  2. Great, thank you. And good luck with the market x

    ReplyDelete